The Industrial Laboratories (IL) employs a rigorous internal Quality Assurance and Quality Control program. IL has an independent quality assurance/quality control staff dedicated to ensuring the accuracy of data and the implementation of quality standards throughout the laboratory. Before its release all data is reviewed and approved by a secondary reviewer. IL is also an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory. Other facets of the Industrial Laboratories QA/QC program include:
- A document system that contains written documentation for all test procedures, technical procedures, instrument operating procedures, and department policy.
- Quality Control Samples included in each analytical batch as a requirement of IL standard operating procedures.
- When possible the use methods or modifications of published methods by AOAC, AOCS, USP or other industry accepted journals/compendiums. Reference materials and standards are purchased from qualified reputable suppliers.
- Trained laboratory personnel perform analysis and cross-trained staff assists when necessary.
- Instrument Operating Procedures contain sections covering both routine and non-routine maintenance. All equipment is calibrated prior to each run, after every 10-20 samples and at the end of the run.
- An Out-of-Specification procedure in the event that results do not meet specifications (claims) provided by the client.
ISO 17025 Accreditation
IL is an independent laboratory accredited by the American Association of Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) according to International Standards Organization 17025 (ISO 17025) requirements. This ISO accreditation is pinnacle of laboratory accreditation processes currently available for independent testing labs. This rigorous quality program requires proficiency exam participation, regular quality control standards, and operating procedures amongst other things. For more on ISO 17025 please see their visit the A2LA website at www.a2la.org.
Other Accreditations and Professional Memberships:
- State of Colorado - Drinking Water Certification
- Association of Analytical Communities (AOAC) Membership
- Association of Racing Chemists (AORC) Laboratory and Professional Memberships
- Testing Integrity Program (TIP) Founding Member
- National Institute of Standards and Technologies (NIST) Challenge Studies
- Society of Quality Assurance (SQA)
- Rocky Mountain Regional Chapter – Society of Quality Assurance (RMRCSQA)